Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 25 - Thursday, June 4
Start - Sebree, KY
End - Marion, KY
Miles (on the route) - 43
Miles (total) - 47.75
Avg Spd - 13.2mph
Max Spd - 34mph
Total Ride Time - 3:24
Woke up clean with clean clothes and got the bike blessed before leaving the church. It was raining pretty steady so I rode about 10 miles to the town of Dixon and made a stop at their library. Spent a few hours trying to update the blog and waiting for the rain to calm. Most of the time spent there was a waste with the internet repeatedly cutting out and the computer freezing up. This was the first library that blocked content and explicitly forbid the use of evil websites like myspace and facebook. NO IMing either! Apparently this is the problem with kids these days.
The day's travels were pretty smooth with the exception of a series of climbs to get into Marion. I was hoping to get into Illinois today, but I wasted too much time at the library in Dixon. I knew I had a park to stay at so I ended the day about 10 miles shy of the state border. I explored the town looking for a spot to eat and found a Mexican Restaurant! Woohoo! It was no El Nuevo Mexicano or El Vez, but it would do for now. I can't wait to get to Colorado and eat southwestern food everyday! It was another dry county so I didn't have any options to go and watch the NBA finals. I biked to the city park and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment